Women become less fertile as they age because they begin life with a fixed number of eggs in their ovaries. The number of eggs decreases as women get older. Also, the remaining eggs in older women are more likely to have abnormal chromosomes. And as age increases, women are at higher risk of disorders that can affect fertility, such as uterine fibroids and endometriosis.
Why do women become less fertile as they age?
How likely is pregnancy as a woman ages?
What are the risks of later childbearing?
- How Important is Eating for Fertility? June 30, 2023
- Fertility and exercising May 31, 2023
- What is Embryo Transfer? April 11, 2023
- INFERTILITY AND MAIN INFERTILITY MEDICATIONS in 2023 March 28, 2023
- Buying Fertility Medications Without a Prescription June 13, 2022